At Blenheim Primary School we recognise that mathematics underpins much of our daily lives and therefore is of paramount importance to us to ensure that our children have the best possible grounding in mathematics during their time with us. Our maths curriculum is designed to develop children's knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts.
In our lessons
1. Children start the lessons with retrieval practise to support the development of long term memory.
2. Teachers clearly model using direct instruction.
3. Children have the opportunity to practise processes and skills.
4. Teachers & teaching assistants 'live mark' to provide instant feedback and to move learners on where necessary.
5. Work is pitched to enable individuals to be stretched and challenged.
6. Once knowledge and processes are acquired children move onto reasoning questions.
7. Children receive written feedback to act upon.